Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Voice Upcoming Artists

I don’t know about you but I am a HUGE fan of The Voice, a television show that showcases people solely on their talent when picking teams.

The four judges, Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, and Adam Levine all start out with their backs turned to the contestant. Contestants sing and the “coach” must turn their chairs to fight for that person on their team.

Once people get chosen by a “coach” they then get to work with their coaches to find “The Voice.” Each coach may have twelve people on their team before the battle rounds start. After the battle rounds finish only half of the twelve on each team remain.

The Voice promotes up and coming artists that might not ever make it in the singing business if not for this show.

This time my blog will be about the contestants I feel like could be frontrunners in this competition. First we start with Jamar Rogers; nbc.com says this about Jamar 

A recovering drug addict, Jamar Rogers is an inspiration to all. Although he hit rock bottom at one point, Jamar has been sober for six years and has turned his life around. Through his soulful tunes, this charmer from the Bronx, NY is determined to show everyone his life is back on track, and to prove to the world that you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.
His rendition of “It's My Life” by Bon Jovi shocked the coaches with Christina saying “ You truly sang like your life was on the line... You’re one of my favorites.”

Jamar Rogers, The Voice, 4/24/2012, Available at http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/artists/jamar-rogers/


Chessa, the Honolulu native, who moved to L.A. at fifteen to pursue her dreams; even though her family was faced by financial instability never gave up on her dreams. She has shocked me almost every performance. She beat the powerhouse Air Force girl, Angie, in the battle rounds which absolutely shocked me at how good she was. She has upped her performances every time after; even getting saved by her coach Cee Lo when he was up for elimination.

Chessa, The Voice, 4/24/12, Available at http://www.emusicality.com/2012/03/voice-duet-battle-sneak-peek-videos.html



Lastly we learn about Juliet Simms. Juliet is an indie-rocker who has lived on people's couches with multiple contracts, but none of them felt right to her. Juliet has done so many songs I love; the one I feel she did the best in was Roxanne by The Police . The way her voice just sounded so natural and full of a roughness not many people have just made me love it. 

Juliet Simms, The Voice, 4/24/12 Available at http://www.rickey.org/juliet-simms-cryin-the-voice-video-mp3/



I feel all of these artists have what it takes to be “The Voice.”

With love and music

Montana <3

4 comments:

  1. As someone who has not heard of this show, I feel like IO still don;t understand the object to it. I feel lost. Can you explain in more depth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of don't understand your blog needs more details to explain it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have watched the show before, and I love it as well. However you didn't have a quote and that's a key aspect. For people that don't watch it though, you might need to give more info on the actual show instead of just the singers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suggestions. I didn't even consider defining the show because I watch it.

    ReplyDelete